You Have Options
Before making a final decision regarding your pregnancy, it is important to know the facts about all your options. It’s natural to have a lot of questions during this process, and we are here to provide you with answers. You have the ability to make a decision that is right for you. That’s why we do our best to provide you with the most up-to-date resources.
As with any elective medical procedure, it is important to research the facts associated with abortion. Prior to scheduling an abortion appointment, it is important that you ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I eligible for an abortion?
- Which types of abortion procedures are available to me?
- Are there any risks associated with an abortion?
If you are considering an abortion, it is recommended that you speak with a professional before reaching your final decision. The staff and volunteers at New Direction Women’s Center can answer any questions you may have, and address your concerns as you weigh your options.
Choosing adoption does not necessarily mean never seeing your child again. You can be a part of the child’s life if you so choose. However, regardless of why you’re considering adoption, it is important to recognize that it can provide your child with a stable, loving environment. You may be considering adoption for any of the following reasons:
- You don’t feel ready to be a parent, but don’t want an abortion.
- Your partner is not going to be a part of the child’s life, and you want him or her to have a two-parent environment.
- You feel unable to provide the child with financial and/or emotion stability.
No matter your reason, New Direction Women’s Center can help provide you with adoption information.
Deciding to have and raise a child is a huge decision, even for those who planned to get pregnant. Perhaps you aren’t sure about parenting because:
- Your parents aren’t supportive of you having a child.
- You are worried about how your family will react.
- Your main priority is work and/or school.
- You don’t have financial stability.
- You aren’t old enough to raise a child.
The decision to parent will be met with a variety of resources and support to help you and your child succeed. If you are weighing whether or not to become a parent and have additional questions, the staff at New Direction Women’s Center can help address your concerns.